mnesia table-specific options

Vance Shipley-2
On Mon Dec 20 14:56:11 CET 2010, Ulf Wiger <ulf.wiger> wrote:
} Some time ago, I introduced an 'external_copies' type in mnesia,
} and this was used (with some modifications) by mnesiaex to provide
} a TokyoCabinet back-end to mnesia. Thesis projects at Klarna have
} played around with CouchDB backends etc.
}
} I think that conceptually, it would seem good to keep the
} ram_copies, disc_copies and disc_only_copies, regardless of
} back-end, since they address higher-level access characteristics
} (e.g. TokyoCabinet is, strictly speaking, also disc_only.)
}
} A form of behaviour option could then be added that gives
} additional options - e.g. tuning parameters to InnoDB, dets, ets,
} or whatever back-end is being used.
}
} Taking it one step further, it should be possible to specify a
} default behaviour for each copy type, and override per-table.

Has there been any progress on this concept?

I have been looking at alternative data structures for application
specific use cases such as treaps and range trees.  I'd like to be
able to use these without having to reinvent mnesia's distribution
and transactions.

        -Vance

mnesia table-specific options

Ulf Wiger-5

It?s still progressing, although I can?t give any insights into when it might see the light of day.

BR,
Ulf

On 21 Apr 2014, at 18:01, Vance Shipley <vances> wrote:

> On Mon Dec 20 14:56:11 CET 2010, Ulf Wiger <ulf.wiger> wrote:
> } Some time ago, I introduced an 'external_copies' type in mnesia,
> } and this was used (with some modifications) by mnesiaex to provide
> } a TokyoCabinet back-end to mnesia. Thesis projects at Klarna have
> } played around with CouchDB backends etc.
> }
> } I think that conceptually, it would seem good to keep the
> } ram_copies, disc_copies and disc_only_copies, regardless of
> } back-end, since they address higher-level access characteristics
> } (e.g. TokyoCabinet is, strictly speaking, also disc_only.)
> }
> } A form of behaviour option could then be added that gives
> } additional options - e.g. tuning parameters to InnoDB, dets, ets,
> } or whatever back-end is being used.
> }
> } Taking it one step further, it should be possible to specify a
> } default behaviour for each copy type, and override per-table.
>
> Has there been any progress on this concept?
>
> I have been looking at alternative data structures for application
> specific use cases such as treaps and range trees.  I'd like to be
> able to use these without having to reinvent mnesia's distribution
> and transactions.
>
> --
> -Vance

Ulf Wiger, Co-founder & Developer Advocate, Feuerlabs Inc.
http://feuerlabs.com