monitoring algorithm

Benoit Chesneau-2
Hi all,

I would like to add the capacity to monitor a remote pid or node over a TCP connection and wondering if there is a description of the algorithm/protocol that allows Erlang to monitor a pid or a node. I can see the following messages to start a monitor/demonitor but then not sur what is exchanged.

Is there any doc/link about it?

Benoît