otp_src_R14B "Lock check assertion" problem

otp_src_R14B "Lock check assertion" problem

Zabrane Mickael
Hi,

I've updated my dev server to "otp_src_R14B".
After compiling my application, trying to running it throws this error:

beam/global.h:1323: Lock check assertion
"erts_lc_is_port_locked(&erts_port[ix])" failed!
Currently no locks are locked by the async 42 thread.
aborted

Please, advices?

N.B: I'm under Fedora13, 64bits. The same error was thrown under "Snow Leopard"
--
Regards
Zabrane

Re: otp_src_R14B "Lock check assertion" problem

Zabrane Mickael
Answering my own question. That was due to:
--enable-lock-checking

Could someone please tell me what this option is for?

--
Regards
Zabrane

2010/9/15 zabrane Mikael <[hidden email]>:

> Hi,
>
> I've updated my dev server to "otp_src_R14B".
> After compiling my application, trying to running it throws this error:

> beam/global.h:1323: Lock check assertion
> "erts_lc_is_port_locked(&erts_port[ix])" failed!
> Currently no locks are locked by the async 42 thread.
> aborted
>
> Please, advices?
>
> N.B: I'm under Fedora13, 64bits. The same error was thrown under "Snow Leopard"
> --
> Regards
> Zabrane

RE: otp_src_R14B "Lock check assertion" problem

Rickard Green-2
zabrane Mikael wrote:

> Answering my own question. That was due to:
> --enable-lock-checking
>
> Could someone please tell me what this option is for?
>
> --
> Regards
> Zabrane
>

> 2010/9/15 zabrane Mikael < zabrane3 ? gmail ยท com >:
>> Hi,
>>
>> I've updated my dev server to "otp_src_R14B".
>> After compiling my application, trying to running it throws this error:

>> beam/global.h:1323: Lock check assertion
>> "erts_lc_is_port_locked(&erts_port[ix])" failed!
>> Currently no locks are locked by the async 42 thread.
>> aborted
>>
>> Please, advices?
>>
>> N.B: I'm under Fedora13, 64bits. The same error was thrown under "Snow Leopard"
>> --
>> Regards
>> Zabrane

Yes this was due to the --enable-lock-checking switch which is for
debugging. However, the assertion should not have been triggered.

It would be good to have a look at a core-dump or at least a stackdump.

Enable core dumps either like this (bash, sh):
  $ ulimit -c unlimited
or like this (csh, tcsh):
  > limit coredumpsize unlimited

Run your app until the assertion is triggered.

Print a stackdump (where <emulator> is beam.smp or beam in non-smp case:
   (gdb) bt

(typing 'quit' at the gdb prompt will get you out of gdb)

Mail us all that gdb printed. If you can provide us with the emulator
and the coredump, do that too (preferably put them somewhere where we
can download them).

Regards,
Rickard Green
--
Rickard Green, Erlang/OTP, Ericsson AB.

Rickard Green wrote:
> Enable core dumps either like this (bash, sh):
>  $ ulimit -c unlimited
> or like this (csh, tcsh):
>  > limit coredumpsize unlimited

Do this on linux, not on macosx where it is messier than this.

Regards,
Rickard

--
Rickard Green, Erlang/OTP, Ericsson AB.