rebar 2 not working with Erlang 23

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
4 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

rebar 2 not working with Erlang 23

Jan Chochol-2
Hi,

It looks like rebar 2 is not working with Erlang 23.
If you have the same problems, I already submitted a bug report -
https://bugs.erlang.org/browse/ERL-1249.

It is slightly possible that it affects other escripts too.

Regards,
Jan
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: rebar 2 not working with Erlang 23

José Valim-4
The error seems to be expected. rebar2 executable needs to be recompiled with a more recent Erlang/OTP version.

On Thu, May 14, 2020 at 7:24 AM Jan Chochol <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi,

It looks like rebar 2 is not working with Erlang 23.
If you have the same problems, I already submitted a bug report -
https://bugs.erlang.org/browse/ERL-1249.

It is slightly possible that it affects other escripts too.

Regards,
Jan
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: rebar 2 not working with Erlang 23

Jan Chochol-2
Unfortunately it fails with the same error, if rebar is compiled with
either old Eralng or with Erlang 23.
Reproducer in the ticket uses docker image with Docker file
https://github.com/erlang/docker-erlang-otp/blob/master/23/Dockerfile
- it compiles rebar with Erlang 23.

Nevertheless - according to source code comment, it should work if
rebar is compiled with R15 or newer.

On Thu, May 14, 2020 at 8:29 AM José Valim <[hidden email]> wrote:

>
> The error seems to be expected. rebar2 executable needs to be recompiled with a more recent Erlang/OTP version.
>
> On Thu, May 14, 2020 at 7:24 AM Jan Chochol <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>> Hi,
>>
>> It looks like rebar 2 is not working with Erlang 23.
>> If you have the same problems, I already submitted a bug report -
>> https://bugs.erlang.org/browse/ERL-1249.
>>
>> It is slightly possible that it affects other escripts too.
>>
>> Regards,
>> Jan
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: rebar 2 not working with Erlang 23

Jan Chochol-2
I found the problem - I missed an escript called 'enc' called from
jiffy rebar.config - and the problem is with this script, not rebar
('enc' contains 'rebar_utils.beam', which confused me).

Sorry for confusion.

On Thu, May 14, 2020 at 8:39 AM Jan Chochol <[hidden email]> wrote:

>
> Unfortunately it fails with the same error, if rebar is compiled with
> either old Eralng or with Erlang 23.
> Reproducer in the ticket uses docker image with Docker file
> https://github.com/erlang/docker-erlang-otp/blob/master/23/Dockerfile
> - it compiles rebar with Erlang 23.
>
> Nevertheless - according to source code comment, it should work if
> rebar is compiled with R15 or newer.
>
> On Thu, May 14, 2020 at 8:29 AM José Valim <[hidden email]> wrote:
> >
> > The error seems to be expected. rebar2 executable needs to be recompiled with a more recent Erlang/OTP version.
> >
> > On Thu, May 14, 2020 at 7:24 AM Jan Chochol <[hidden email]> wrote:
> >>
> >> Hi,
> >>
> >> It looks like rebar 2 is not working with Erlang 23.
> >> If you have the same problems, I already submitted a bug report -
> >> https://bugs.erlang.org/browse/ERL-1249.
> >>
> >> It is slightly possible that it affects other escripts too.
> >>
> >> Regards,
> >> Jan