rebar3 ct doesn't generate coverage data

rebar3 ct doesn't generate coverage data

Attila Rajmund Nohl
Hello!

I'm running common_test from rebar3 and try to generate coverage data,
but the generated cover.html only contains "Cover tool is not used".
There's a ct.coverdata file generated in _build/test/cover/ directory,
but no human-readable result. I execute

rebar3 ct --cover --verbose

and I also have

{cover_enabled, true}.
{cover_print_enabled, true}.
{cover_export_enabled, true}.

in the rebar.config file. Do I miss some other setting?

Re: rebar3 ct doesn't generate coverage data

Tristan Sloughter-4
That is right, it is generating coverage data it just isn't creating the
human readable output based on parsing all the cover data.

Run `rebar3 cover` to generate it, which will include any `*.coverdata`
file found in `_build/test/cover` so it aggregates ct and eunit test
coverage.

--
  Tristan Sloughter
  "I am not a crackpot" - Abe Simpson

On Tue, Dec 12, 2017, at 08:25 AM, Attila Rajmund Nohl wrote:

> Hello!
>
> I'm running common_test from rebar3 and try to generate coverage data,
> but the generated cover.html only contains "Cover tool is not used".
> There's a ct.coverdata file generated in _build/test/cover/ directory,
> but no human-readable result. I execute
>
> rebar3 ct --cover --verbose
>
> and I also have
>
> {cover_enabled, true}.
> {cover_print_enabled, true}.
> {cover_export_enabled, true}.
>
> in the rebar.config file. Do I miss some other setting?

Re: rebar3 ct doesn't generate coverage data

Attila Rajmund Nohl
Thanks, this is what I was missing.