rust c-node ?

Benoit Chesneau-2
Is anyone aware of a library that would allow the creation of an app in rust acting as a c-node ?

Benoît

Re: rust c-node ?

Dmytro Lytovchenko
While I adore Rust as a language and a development tool, I did not see any significant demand in creating such a project. I have created Python Erlang node (https://github.com/Pyrlang/Pyrlang) so there is all the knowledge and technology to make Rust node happen. But I have many more reasons to think about PHP Erlang node, for the great impact this might potentially have, although not in Rust, no. The demand is too low and there is no business willing to sponsor it.

On Thu, 4 Apr 2019 at 15:59, Benoit Chesneau <[hidden email]> wrote:
Is anyone aware of a library that would allow the creation of an app in rust acting as a c-node ?

Benoît

Re: rust c-node ?

Andre Nathan
On 4/4/19 11:05 AM, Dmytro Lytovchenko wrote:
> But I have many more
> reasons to think about PHP Erlang node, for the great impact this might
> potentially have,

For what it's worth, such a thing exists, although it was never updated
to work with PHP 7.

   https://github.com/videlalvaro/mypeb

I also have a small (incomplete) library for Go:

   https://gitlab.com/andrenathan/go/ei

Best regards,
Andre

Re: rust c-node ?

Roger Lipscombe-2
On Sun, 7 Apr 2019 at 07:15, Benoit Chesneau <[hidden email]> wrote:

> sorry for the late answer. no i really want to have it as an extra node in the distribution. so it can be isolated an have its own scheduling. A nif pe dirry nif wouldn't be ok jn the case i'm thinking of. Not without a lot of work at least

Not directly answering your question, but we've achieved the isolation
by having a separate Erlang node dedicated to running the NIF. It does
a few other things, but primarily it was for the isolation.

Re: rust c-node ?

Сергей Прохоров-2
You might be interested in my implementation of external term format in Rust

But it was my first Rust project and was never used in production as far as I know.

Re: rust c-node ?

Benoit Chesneau-2
thanks! i will look at it.

benoît