ssh_sftp start_channel function call is getting failed
We are running a distributed system with one server node and
hundreds of client nodes(the systems are distributed over the
intra-net). We have a requirement that all the client nodes will
connect to the server node and try to download some file(mostly
the same file will be accessed by all client nodes) simultaneously
by using sftp. The steps we follow for downloading the
1. Establish ssh sftp connection between the server node and
client node using ssh_sftp:start_channel/2 function call.
2. Then reads the file by doing ssh_sftp:read_file/2 function
The problem what we are facing is that when the number of clients
are more then it is observed that few client nodes are failing to
establish connection between server node. i.e. the
ssh_sftp:start_channel/2 function call is failing.
Can somebody please explain me;
1. Is there any limitation for the number of sftp session what
we can establish in a single system ?
2. What are the possible reason because of which the connection
request fails ?
3. Is there anything wrong we are doing in this approach ?
4. Is there any better solution by which we can guarantee that
all client nodes will be able to connect to server and will be
able to download the file.
Observation: We tried to connect 25 client nodes to the
server; during the first try only 2 nodes failed to connect and on
the second try 5 nodes failed to connect. Why this random behavior