start_epmd flag not respected on shutdown

start_epmd flag not respected on shutdown

Devon Estes
Hello!

So one of the operations folks at my current client is reporting some strange behavior with epmd. They're starting epmd separately from the application and then passingĀ `-start_epmd false -name 192.168.0.1@node_name` when starting the application. They then noticed this behavior:

So starting epmd, then starting the application works as expected, however when the application shuts down it still thinks it's "managing" epmd and so kills it.

Is this expected behavior? We have a workaround in place at the moment, but I'm not sure if this is expected or not, or if there's some further configuration that we're missing to make epmd live on after the application is shut down.

Cheers,
Devon