stickers, logos, etc.

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
11 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

stickers, logos, etc.

Vance Shipley-2

I had some "Powered by Erlang" stickers which were given to me a
couple years ago.  I'm all out now and would really like some more.

I'd also like to have that logo in a graphic file so that I could
use it on web pages.  Does anyone have that logo to share?

In general I think that the Erlang logo should be distributed with
the source.  The penguin goes out with the Linux source.  I would
include the 'powered by' logo as well.

        -Vance


Vance Shipley
Motivity Telecom Inc.
+1 519 579 5816



Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

stickers, logos, etc.

Kent Boortz-2

"Vance Shipley" <vances> writes:
> I had some "Powered by Erlang" stickers which were given to me a
> couple years ago.  I'm all out now and would really like some more.
>
> I'd also like to have that logo in a graphic file so that I could
> use it on web pages.  Does anyone have that logo to share?
>
> In general I think that the Erlang logo should be distributed with
> the source.  The penguin goes out with the Linux source.  I would
> include the 'powered by' logo as well.

I have put up a page at

  http://www.erlang.org/promotion/

with the Erlang logo and the "Powered by Erlang" logo in various
sizes.  You can also find the "originals" that can be used if you
create printed materials.

I find the Powered by Erlang logo to be hard to read in smaller
sizes. Maybe someone out there has the skills to improve the
readability of the logo. If not possible we can of cause consider a
new "Powered by Erlang" logo? This is not my area of expertise but
maybe something more like

  http://www.erlang.org/promotion/kent_test01.gif

kent


Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

stickers, logos, etc.

Vance Shipley-2


Kent Boortz <kent> writes:
>
> I have put up a page at
>
>   http://www.erlang.org/promotion/
>
> with the Erlang logo and the "Powered by Erlang" logo in various
> sizes.  You can also find the "originals" that can be used if you
> create printed materials.

This is awesome!  Thanks, I think this will help us to promote Erlang/OTP.


> I find the Powered by Erlang logo to be hard to read in smaller
> sizes. Maybe someone out there has the skills to improve the
> readability of the logo. If not possible we can of cause consider a
> new "Powered by Erlang" logo? This is not my area of expertise but
> maybe something more like
>
>   http://www.erlang.org/promotion/kent_test01.gif

Yes, I agree.  In fact this is not the "powered by" logo which was on
the stickers.  I'm not that fond of the one you've put up either.
Yours is much better.  I came up with this:

        http://www.motivity.ca/bit/built_on_erlang.gif

I won't pretend that I'm a graphics guru as this isn't very good, but
my idea was to use "Built on Erlang/OTP".  I wanted to include OTP
in there.

        -Vance

Vance Shipley
Motivity Telecom Inc.
+1 519 579 5816



Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

stickers, logos, etc.

David Fox

On s?ndag, september 30, 2001, at 03:18 , Vance Shipley wrote:

>
>
> Kent Boortz <kent> writes:
>>
>> I have put up a page at
>>
>>   http://www.erlang.org/promotion/
>>
>> with the Erlang logo and the "Powered by Erlang" logo in various
>> sizes.  You can also find the "originals" that can be used if you
>> create printed materials.
>
> This is awesome!  Thanks, I think this will help us to promote
> Erlang/OTP.
>
>
>> I find the Powered by Erlang logo to be hard to read in smaller
>> sizes. Maybe someone out there has the skills to improve the
>> readability of the logo. If not possible we can of cause consider a
>> new "Powered by Erlang" logo? This is not my area of expertise but
>> maybe something more like
>>
>>   http://www.erlang.org/promotion/kent_test01.gif
>
> Yes, I agree.  In fact this is not the "powered by" logo which was on
> the stickers.  I'm not that fond of the one you've put up either.
> Yours is much better.  I came up with this:
>
> http://www.motivity.ca/bit/built_on_erlang.gif
>
> I won't pretend that I'm a graphics guru as this isn't very good, but
> my idea was to use "Built on Erlang/OTP".  I wanted to include OTP
> in there.
>

I probably shouldn't change my daytime job, either :-)
Anyway, here's my contribution :

http://www.wallin.cx/powered_by_erlang/powered_by_erlang_60.gif

(Other sizes available http://www.wallin.cx/powered_by_erlang)


--david.




Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

stickers, logos, etc.

Garry Hodgson-3
In reply to this post by Kent Boortz-2
> "Vance Shipley" <vances> writes:
> > I had some "Powered by Erlang" stickers which were given to me a
> > couple years ago.  I'm all out now and would really like some more.
> >
> > I'd also like to have that logo in a graphic file so that I could
> > use it on web pages.  Does anyone have that logo to share?
> >
> > In general I think that the Erlang logo should be distributed with
> > the source.  The penguin goes out with the Linux source.  I would
> > include the 'powered by' logo as well.

we also need a cute little animal for the logo.  a wombat, perhaps?


--
Garry Hodgson                   One way or another
Senior Hacker                   One way or another
Software Innovation Services    One way or another
AT&T Labs                       This darkness got to give...
garry


Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

stickers, logos, etc.

Luke Gorrie-3
Garry Hodgson <garry> writes:

> > > In general I think that the Erlang logo should be distributed with
> > > the source.  The penguin goes out with the Linux source.  I would
> > > include the 'powered by' logo as well.
>
> we also need a cute little animal for the logo.  a wombat, perhaps?

Definitely a wombat.

How about the fella at http://www.geocities.com/csean_au/images/Nap_Time.jpg

He gives an inspired portrayal of Erlang's contentment and
self-sufficiency, not concerned by the constant surrounding pressures
of the crowded software world.

(But too bad he isn't a cartoon :-)

--
Three things are certain:
Death, taxes, and lost data.
Guess which has occurred.


Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

stickers, logos, etc.

Richard Carlsson-4
In reply to this post by Garry Hodgson-3

On Mon, 1 Oct 2001, Garry Hodgson wrote:

> we also need a cute little animal for the logo.  a wombat, perhaps?

How about the Majestic Moose (or Elk, as the European kind is called)?















... a moose once bit my sister...



Richard Carlsson (richardc)   (This space intentionally left blank.)
E-mail: Richard.Carlsson WWW: http://www.csd.uu.se/~richardc/



Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

stickers, logos, etc.

David Fox

On m?ndag, oktober 1, 2001, at 05:28 , Richard Carlsson wrote:

>
> On Mon, 1 Oct 2001, Garry Hodgson wrote:
>
>> we also need a cute little animal for the logo.  a wombat, perhaps?
>
> How about the Majestic Moose (or Elk, as the European kind is called)?
>
>

I want a prehistoric coelophysis. Now _that_ would look cool on a
forthcoming bookcover (I wish :)



>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
> ... a moose once bit my sister...
>

... I once bit a coelophysis ...

>
>
> Richard Carlsson (richardc)   (This space intentionally left
> blank.)
> E-mail: Richard.Carlsson WWW: http://www.csd.uu.se/~richardc/
>













... tastes like chicken really...


--david.



Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

stickers, logos, etc.

Luke Gorrie-3
david wallin <david> writes:

> On m?ndag, oktober 1, 2001, at 05:28 , Richard Carlsson wrote:
>
> > On Mon, 1 Oct 2001, Garry Hodgson wrote:
> >
> >> we also need a cute little animal for the logo.  a wombat, perhaps?
> >
> > How about the Majestic Moose (or Elk, as the European kind is called)?
>
> I want a prehistoric coelophysis. Now _that_ would look cool on a
> forthcoming bookcover (I wish :)

Such differing tastes! Clearly EUC 2002 will have to include a trip to
the zoo to choose a cuddly mascot.

(An Australian zoo, of course!)

--
Three things are certain:
Death, taxes, and lost data.
Guess which has occurred.
  (from http://www.gnu.org/fun/jokes/error-haiku.html)


Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

stickers, logos, etc.

Vance Shipley-2

I sincerely hope you all have tongue firmly planted in cheek!

        -Vance

 


Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

stickers, logos, etc.

Bjarne Däcker-2
In reply to this post by David Fox
This is the real McCoy ....
-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Name: erlanim.gif
Type: image/gif
Size: 10821 bytes
Desc: not available
URL: <http://erlang.org/pipermail/erlang-questions/attachments/20011002/a548cf6c/attachment.gif>