test - reply to email never arrived

Fred Youhanaie-2
sorry for the noise! checking if the erlang mail server is functioning.

I sent a reply yesterday, but it never arrived, and it has not appeared in the mail archives either.

Cheers
Fred

Re: test - reply to email never arrived

Igor Clark
There are definitely some issues with the list’s outgoing delivery. Messages from aim.com and yahoo.com which the list server resends don’t get delivered to my gmail, I think because Gmail thinks there’s a DMARC problem with the way the list server forwards them. So I get whole threads with missing messages and sometimes only ever see replies. And then I get bounce-probes from the list server presumably because Gmail bounces those messages. I’m guessing it’s maybe because the list server predates a lot of the dmarc/dkim stuff Gmail and other big provides do.

> On 29 Jan 2019, at 10:42, Fred Youhanaie <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> sorry for the noise! checking if the erlang mail server is functioning.
>
> I sent a reply yesterday, but it never arrived, and it has not appeared in the mail archives either.
>
> Cheers
> Fred

Re: test - reply to email never arrived

Raimo Niskanen-11
On Tue, Jan 29, 2019 at 12:34:45PM +0000, Igor Clark wrote:
> There are definitely some issues with the list’s outgoing delivery. Messages from aim.com and yahoo.com which the list server resends don’t get delivered to my gmail, I think because Gmail thinks there’s a DMARC problem with the way the list server forwards them. So I get whole threads with missing messages and sometimes only ever see replies. And then I get bounce-probes from the list server presumably because Gmail bounces those messages. I’m guessing it’s maybe because the list server predates a lot of the dmarc/dkim stuff Gmail and other big provides do.

Quite right!

We are trying to find some time to work on this...

On Tue, Jan 29, 2019 at 10:42:18AM +0000, Fred Youhanaie wrote:
> sorry for the noise! checking if the erlang mail server is functioning.
>
> I sent a reply yesterday, but it never arrived, and it has not appeared in the mail archives either.

I can not find a mail from you from that date, that is not even as any
incoming mail from your address.

I find a resend of a reply from the 26:th that got back again at the
29:th 01:52:57 CET, and both of these are in the archive.

> Cheers
> Fred

Best regards

Re: test - reply to email never arrived

Fred Youhanaie-2
Hi Raimo

On 29/01/2019 15:14, Raimo Niskanen wrote:
> On Tue, Jan 29, 2019 at 10:42:18AM +0000, Fred Youhanaie wrote:
>> I sent a reply yesterday, but it never arrived, and it has not appeared in the mail archives either.
>
> I can not find a mail from you from that date, that is not even as any
> incoming mail from your address.

The email mentioned above is from 29th at 00:50-ish GMT. So, s/yesterday/today/ :-()

That email did arrive this morning/afternoon, shortly after mentioning it on slack.

Many thanks,
Fred