Quantcast

troubleshooting systools:make_tar

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
5 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

troubleshooting systools:make_tar

Joel Reymont
What is causing this and wow do I fix it?

        Thanks, Joel

---

([hidden email])3> systools:make_tar("start_janus").
{{case_clause,
      {'EXIT',
          {function_clause,
              [{filename,join,[[]]},
               {systools_make,add_appl,7},
               {systools_make,'-add_applications/5-fun-0-',6},
               {lists,foldl,3},
               {systools_make,add_applications,5},
               {systools_make,mk_tar,6},
               {systools_make,mk_tar,5},
               {systools_make,make_tar,2}]}}},
  [{systools_make,'-add_applications/5-fun-0-',6},
   {lists,foldl,3},
   {systools_make,add_applications,5},
   {systools_make,mk_tar,6},
   {systools_make,mk_tar,5},
   {systools_make,make_tar,2},
   {erl_eval,do_apply,5},
   {shell,exprs,6}]}
error

---
faster mac firefox
   http://tinyco.de


________________________________________________________________
erlang-questions mailing list. See http://www.erlang.org/faq.html
erlang-questions (at) erlang.org

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Re: troubleshooting systools:make_tar

Robert Raschke
On Wed, Aug 19, 2009 at 12:47 PM, Joel Reymont <[hidden email]> wrote:

> What is causing this and wow do I fix it?
>
>        Thanks, Joel
>
> ---
>
> ([hidden email])3> systools:make_tar("start_janus").
> {{case_clause,
>     {'EXIT',
>         {function_clause,
>             [{filename,join,[[]]},
>              {systools_make,add_appl,7},
>              {systools_make,'-add_applications/5-fun-0-',6},
>              {lists,foldl,3},
>              {systools_make,add_applications,5},
>              {systools_make,mk_tar,6},
>              {systools_make,mk_tar,5},
>              {systools_make,make_tar,2}]}}},
>  [{systools_make,'-add_applications/5-fun-0-',6},
>  {lists,foldl,3},
>  {systools_make,add_applications,5},
>  {systools_make,mk_tar,6},
>  {systools_make,mk_tar,5},
>  {systools_make,make_tar,2},
>  {erl_eval,do_apply,5},
>  {shell,exprs,6}]}
> error
>
>
Weird. I can't really see how systools_make:add_appl/7 could end up calling
filename:join with an empty list as an argument.

But saying that, what does your start_janus.rel file actually look like? Are
you using the recommended directory structures, i.e., module dirs with ebin,
src, etc. subdirs?

Robby
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Re: troubleshooting systools:make_tar

Joel Reymont

On Aug 19, 2009, at 1:21 PM, Robert Raschke wrote:

> But saying that, what does your start_janus.rel file actually look  
> like? Are
> you using the recommended directory structures, i.e., module dirs  
> with ebin,
> src, etc. subdirs?

cat ebin/start_janus.rel
{release, {"Janus","0.0.5"}, {erts, "5.7.2"},
  [{kernel,"2.13.2"},
   {stdlib,"1.16.2"},
   {sasl, "2.1.6"},
   {inets, "5.1"},
   {erlsom, "1.2.1"},
   {janus,"0.0.5"}
  ]}.

I have ebin but I also have a couple of "apps" that live in their  
separate directories and are not proper OTP applications. I compile  
them such that beams go into my ebin but their source is not found  
during the making of the boot file. I thought I could disregard the  
warnings as they don't seem to affect anything.

---
faster mac firefox
   http://tinyco.de




________________________________________________________________
erlang-questions mailing list. See http://www.erlang.org/faq.html
erlang-questions (at) erlang.org

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Re: troubleshooting systools:make_tar

Robert Raschke
On Wed, Aug 19, 2009 at 1:28 PM, Joel Reymont <[hidden email]> wrote:

>
> On Aug 19, 2009, at 1:21 PM, Robert Raschke wrote:
>
>  But saying that, what does your start_janus.rel file actually look like?
>> Are
>> you using the recommended directory structures, i.e., module dirs with
>> ebin,
>> src, etc. subdirs?
>>
>
> cat ebin/start_janus.rel
> {release, {"Janus","0.0.5"}, {erts, "5.7.2"},
>  [{kernel,"2.13.2"},
>  {stdlib,"1.16.2"},
>  {sasl, "2.1.6"},
>  {inets, "5.1"},
>  {erlsom, "1.2.1"},
>  {janus,"0.0.5"}
>  ]}.
>
> I have ebin but I also have a couple of "apps" that live in their separate
> directories and are not proper OTP applications. I compile them such that
> beams go into my ebin but their source is not found during the making of the
> boot file. I thought I could disregard the warnings as they don't seem to
> affect anything.
>
>
Hmm, when I build a tar file using just the rel filename, then I get tons of
warnings about the sources not getting found. But it does build the tar file
for me (this is on R12B5).

Have you tried supplying some options, like [{path, ["*/ebin"]}] ? Maybe
that'll highlight something?

Just a shot in the dark, I'm afraid. It looks to me as if some of the file
paths may not be what the systools expect. This could be either your own, or
even some of the installation ones.

Robby
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Re: troubleshooting systools:make_tar

Seth Falcon-3
In reply to this post by Joel Reymont
* On 2009-08-19 at 12:47 +0100 Joel Reymont wrote:
> What is causing this and wow do I fix it?

One thing to try is to be sure that all paths in your code path are
either absolute paths or, at least, start with a "./".  IMO this
should not matter, but I recall having trouble getting systools to
behave until someone made a similar suggestion.

+ seth

________________________________________________________________
erlang-questions mailing list. See http://www.erlang.org/faq.html
erlang-questions (at) erlang.org

Loading...