trying to compile erlang 19.0 on two solaris-on-sparc

trying to compile erlang 19.0 on two solaris-on-sparc

HP Wei-3
I am seeking advice on how to solve an issue.

I try to  build erlang from otp_src_19.0 on two solaris on sparc machines.

They both have SunOS 5.11 (11.3)  sun4u sparc
They both have gcc build by Sun’s cc using Sun’s ld and as.
[ I would think that these two machines are exactly the same.]

However,

On the first machine, the building went OK.
NOTE:  configure —prefix=/a/path
             make

ON the other one, the ‘make’ process went into lib/hipe/misc,  and then
  ERLC ../ebin/hipe_consttab.beam
Failed to create main carrier for binary_alloc

 —> the building failed.

———————————

Since the erl run successfully on the first machine,

I copied it to the 2nd machine and tried to run it (erl).
But it failed with the same error message:
Failed to create main carrier for binary_alloc
Abort

Anyone has any idea on how I can find the problem?
Something in the system on the 2nd machine must have been set up
differently.

Thanks
HP

PS:  I first tried to compile version 21.0 But that process failed on both
       machines with apparently different issues. I was surprised that I got
       version 19.0 compiled on one machine.

Re: trying to compile erlang 19.0 on two solaris-on-sparc

Harris, Robert
Hi,

If it helps, I believe R19.3 is delivered by the runtime/erlang package in
the most recent 11.3 SRU.  In the latest 11.4 SRU it's R21.

Regards,

Robert

> On 9 Mar 2019, at 00:24, HP Wei <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> I am seeking advice on how to solve an issue.
>
> I try to  build erlang from otp_src_19.0 on two solaris on sparc machines.
>
> They both have SunOS 5.11 (11.3)  sun4u sparc
> They both have gcc build by Sun’s cc using Sun’s ld and as.
> [ I would think that these two machines are exactly the same.]
>
> However,
>
> On the first machine, the building went OK.
> NOTE:  configure —prefix=/a/path
>             make
>
> ON the other one, the ‘make’ process went into lib/hipe/misc,  and then
>  ERLC ../ebin/hipe_consttab.beam
> Failed to create main carrier for binary_alloc
>
> —> the building failed.
>
> ———————————
>
> Since the erl run successfully on the first machine,
>
> I copied it to the 2nd machine and tried to run it (erl).
> But it failed with the same error message:
> Failed to create main carrier for binary_alloc
> Abort

> Anyone has any idea on how I can find the problem?
> Something in the system on the 2nd machine must have been set up
> differently.
>
> Thanks
> HP
>

> PS:  I first tried to compile version 21.0 But that process failed on both
>       machines with apparently different issues. I was surprised that I got
>       version 19.0 compiled on one machine.

> https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=http-3A__erlang.org_mailman_listinfo_erlang-2Dquestions&d=DwIGaQ&c=L_h2OePR2UWWefmqrezxOsP9Uqw55rRfX5bRtw9S4KY&r=rgvWXjU_2tA1ZUQSslrg0TYOEP4F7UfuySlE3gZm1mQ&m=b2w6xZRqXUcPi_smGRsN_O5Pn97CXX3IQVbUwNKEedM&s=kvJ1xGx7O6PG3SD7PIWxjgUJTzpf8G9II2_pZjev9Rg&e=

smime.p7s (4K) Download Attachment