werl.exe window saving/restoring

James Hague-5
This was super-useful, but was disabled a few versions back because it
didn't properly handle the case when the werl.exe window was minimized
when you quit.  Is it still disabled?

In any case, the proper fix is to use GetWindowPlacement and
SetWindowPlacement instead of other calls to get the window position
and size.  Save the WINDOWPLACEMENT struct directly in the registry in
binary format.  This automatically takes care of saving all window
information, including whether a window is minimized/maximized or not.

I'd make this change myself, except I'm not set-up with Cygwin on any
of my current machines and don't have the time to do so in the near
future.

James

werl.exe window saving/restoring

Peter Andersson-2

Hi James,

It was only disabled temporarily. In R10B-5 i believe. A proper fix was
implemented right after that. So this should not be an issue in the
latest two release.

  Peter

--
-----------------------
Erlang/OTP, Ericsson AB

On 9/19/05, UAB L/K Peter Andersson <peppe> wrote:

> It was only disabled temporarily. In R10B-5 i believe. A proper fix was
> implemented right after that. So this should not be an issue in the
> latest two release.

The latest release for Windows does not save the window size of
position.  I had forgotten how annoying that was!

James

werl.exe window saving/restoring

James Hague-5
> The latest release for Windows does not save the window size of
> position.  I had forgotten how annoying that was!

Er, "size OR position."  It does save the toolbar state, however.

James

werl.exe window saving/restoring

Peter Andersson-2

I also tried this now with the latest release and hey, you're absolutely
right! Darn, I know we fixed this already. I'll look into it and get
back to you. Sorry James!

  Peter